Glorious Games Group
Glorious Games Group is a multi-product gaming company located in central Stockholm. It has been around for more than 10 years under the name Stardoll and has now evolved into producing multiple additional titles.
Innovative, Professional & Quality of Life
We believe that the most important thing when going to work is having fun, gaining new experiences and learning new things. We offer a work environment with a friendly atmosphere and great colleagues. Over the years we have learned a lot, but our hunger for knowledge and experience never stops, which is why we can offer a great chance to learn new things and grow as individuals.
We believe that working together is crucial for success. Challenges are always something we take on together and overcome. Quality of life is an important aspect of any work environment, so we strive to take care of our co-workers by supplying beneficial services, lunch walks and activities outside of work.
We now need to strengthen our backend development team with another talented and passionate backend developer for exciting new projects. You will be working with new development along with ongoing maintenance of Glorious Games Groups different platforms.
The work will be performed in small, dynamic and multi-disciplinary teams, hence the work involves a degree of autonomy and great ability to plan your own time. A big appetite for keeping up to date on new technologies and best practices is essential.
To be successful in this role you need to be eager, self-reliant and meticulous. You should also enjoy the fast-paced and ever-changing nature of our business. We believe that an outgoing and engaged person is best suited for this role.
- Develop bug free, secure, high quality backend code in a timely manner in PHP
- Optimization and security auditing of existing code
- Designing and implementing APIs to power our various mobile products
- Design database structures together with the rest of the backend team
- Maintain code and database queries to ensure functionality throughout product growth
- Research and development
- Work closely with support-functions in the company (QA, Operations)
- At least five years of work experience as a senior backend developer
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (5.4+)
- Experience with relational databases, memcached, high traffic sites
- Experience with APIs for mobile applications
- Detailed work experience with large games or larger ongoing game-projects
- Good communications skills with people with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or server exploits and their solutions
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Perforce